I've had some time to make good use of the Manifest for slideboarding purposes on medium hills and some flatland shenanigans with RKPs.
Here are some of my personal observations on the various attributes of the deck. For reference, I'm 5'11.8675", 160lbs, size 10.5 shoe. I'm adding [x/10] on each point just for reference.
- Concave: MMMMMMM. Delicious. Hugs the heel and ball of my foot. Solid "locked in" feeling. [10/10]
- W-Concave: Just enough to give my lead foot some support while pushing. Not so much that it's obtrusive at other times. [10/10]
- Rocker: There can ALWAYS be more rocker. [9.5/10]
- Kicks: Angle is nice. Length is nice. Width is REAL NICE. Only ridden PNLs and Calibers, still working with the various mounting options to find the right amount of "snap". Yes, it's very much ollie-able if that's your thing. [9/10, pending more abuse. Potential 10/10]
- Mounting holes: Placement is a wee-bit too far out relative to the wheel wells. There's about 1" more of space to the inside that could be utilized. It may be nice to see just one more set of holes for a total of three on either end. Just a thought, perhaps others have some input that could persuade me to think otherwise. [8/10]
- Wheel wells: Look good! Very little wheelbite with 68mm wheels. [9.5/10]
- Wheelbase: Relative to the board length, it's OK. I measured it out to 27" & 28" on the inner-most setting PNLs. (Drilled wheelbase is 25" & 26") For the direction I see skateboarding ("longboarding", whathaveyou) going, I think something closer to 24" would be slightly more appropriate. A shorter deck would be necessary to make that "work" well. [9/10]
- Length: For freestyle/dancing/boardwalking purposes, the current length is decent. I would say it's "conservative" for other disciplines. We could lose 2-3" and still have a hillsmashing beast. Keeping the same relative position on the kicks/mounting holes, that should put the drilled options at just about 23" & 24", actual distance depending on your trucks. That'll make for a very agile board and should keep it up with/ahead of "the curve". (Side note: Anyone out there ride TKPs? I'm really interested to hear that feedback.) [8/10]
- Width: Fine for me! I could see it getting somewhat of a waist, but it's not necessary. [10/10]
- Thickness: Just right. Let another guy ride it and he had no problems early grabbing this or that. Weight over all will be excellent if the length is shortened up a bit. [10/10]
TL;DR - Ttttttasty. Just some slight adjustments on the proportions and we're there!
Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback. If you have some thoughts, please let me know via reply or in your own observations! Keep bringing it together.